Monday, March 27, 2006

Frustrations

St. AngerThis job search is frustrating. Thanks to advancements in internet technology, just about every company uses online application methods. Since many Fortune 500 companies have hundreds of applicants a month, sorting is needed for companies to be able to look over the “better” candidates in a timely fashion. One of the first sort criteria on these pages tends to be GPA, which means I get shuffled lower in the stack of applications, despite having a better than average résumé and a nice letter of recommendation. When I do get interviews, they’re with small companies that ask during the interview they ask me if I really want to work there in a manner that tells me that they think that I believe the job I’m interviewing for is beneath me. Of course I reply yes and smile, but I still get snubbed and not get called back. It really makes me doubt that my four and a half years at Georgia Tech were even worth a damn. The school’s reputation carries far, my ass. I could’ve gone to an easier school and gotten far better grades and kept the same work experience. It makes me want to punch people who lecture me on job searches in the face.

Mike says he’s dying again, having six months or so. I know he wants to see old friends, but with him I’m never sure if he’s telling the truth. The ideal thing to happen here is to get employment before the summer, take a week off and go with him to Rock am Ring to see Metallica, but the big if is getting a job before then.

Jack let the hamster loose. I think the hamster has gotten loose three times now, though the prior two times were for different reasons. I really didn’t get angry over this, just sighed. It’s hard enough to find the damned thing during the day due to its sleep schedule, so I figure nigh will be the time to look.

I’ve noticed that the common area has continued to get messy, despite Matt being gone. I used to attribute the problem to him, but I think it’s a guy thing now. The only roommate I’ve had that was consistent with keeping living rooms and kitchens clean was Chien, though after I moved out of 8th Street that place went straight to hell.
♪…BEEN HERE BEFORE COULDN’T SAY I LIKED IT
DO I START WRITING ALL THIS DOWN?
JUST LET ME PLUG YOU INTO MY WORLD
CAN’T YOU HELP ME BE UNCRAZY?... ♪
Song of the Moment: “The Unnamed Feeling” by Metallica

No comments: