Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Stream of Consciousness

Professor XavierBored, bored, bored, bored, can you tell that I’m quite bored? I should be thankful that my former roommates have been kind enough to allow me to stay here after the Army idiotically delayed my entry into the military, but I feel somewhat limited in what I can do. I can’t just go off whenever I want due to my lack of a key into the building and apartment. It’s getting so bad that I’m sympathizing with Jack’s bunny, and I hate the bunny.

I love it how Meghan will not hesitate to suggest things for me to read, but if I am so bold as to suggest something for her to read, she’ll refuse unless it’s in her “proper format.” Comic books are beneath her, evidentially, despite the fact that one of her favorite writers received his start in that medium and despite writing novels, screenplays, and plays since his acclaimed Sandman series (I’m not a fan, I won’t lie), he still comes back for a comic book project every couple of years. Me? I’ll give things a try a lot of times, even if it is outside my usual sphere of interest, though my motives revolve around the furthering my understanding of the individual through his or her favorites.

X-Men 3 was fun. I just wished there was 30 more minutes so that characters could’ve received more screen time and been fleshed out a bit more. The movie made a big splash money-wise, which was a big “in-your-face” to all of those people saying it was going to suck due the absence of Bryan Singer.

Back to the boredom topic… I sifted around a couple of boxes I had in my car for computer games since Ender’s Game only holds my attention for 30 minutes at a time, and all I could find was The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion. God is laughing at me, can't you hear him/her/it? Note: You’d have to know my past history with this game to understand this paragraph fully.

I went a month longer than I usually did when getting hair cuts because I figured they would just shave my head at basic training, so what was the point? Now that I don’t ship for another 14 days, I figured it was time. That mop was getting unmanageable.

Abdullah’s a lot of work. It seems that when I’m not around he doesn’t get what he needs done, that he’s kind of a novelty for the other roommates, almost like a pet, to be watched and laughed at. Well, that and the white roommates are slow to get anything done when it comes to the apartment.
♪WELCOME TO WHERE TIME STANDS STILL
NO ONE LEAVES AND NO ONE WILL…♪
Song of the Moment: “Welcome Home (Sanitarium)” by Metallica

No comments: