Monday, June 12, 2006

Last Days as a Civilian (Part II)

I’m getting back into the groove of blogging, at least somewhat. At times, however, it seems like a waste, considering the fact that I probably won’t be able to touch a computer for weeks, if not months, at a time.

» Little Chad: Big in Japan
MONKEY!Chad was being sent by his employer to Japan for training or some other work related reason, so he came down to Atlanta a day before his flight so that we could hang out. We hit the comic store and I suggested the Fantastic Four/Iron Man: Big in Japan trade since I thought it would fit in nicely with where he was going. I had him help me pick out a Bible for Basic, since religious books are the only things you are allowed to read for those couple months of training. My other reason for picking one up is to help me understand half the things Chad talks about, if not to understand Chad himself. You can learn a lot about a person by reading, viewing, or listening to books, movies, or music they hold in high regard.

» “Walk Softly, and Carry a Big Gun…”
Space Marine
Rob popped online one night and we decided to have one last battle in Dawn of War before I headed off for training. We chose to team up against six other computer-controlled players because we were feeling slightly insane. Despite our relative rustiness from not having playing the game in months and the slight lag, we were able to lead our forces to victory. I myself was surprised with my stats after the battle, having killed nearly 700 enemy units at the loss of about 70 of my own. Not too bad.
“A suspicious mind is a healthy mind.”
Game of the Moment: Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War

No comments: