Saturday, November 18, 2006

Detached

BatmanI’ve been here in California for almost three months now and I still haven’t developed anything close to friendship with any of the service members stationed here. Factors attributing to this may include inability to let go of the past and the amount of work to do around here. This hasn’t changed even in the recent development of having to move into a barracks room with another Soldier who’s relatively close to me in age. He likes to joke around me not leaving my “cave.” I’ve heard similar jests from other people in the past, though he seems to lack in the social characteristics that the others possessed. I wonder how this will play out over the next couple months.
♪…NOW THE WORLD IS GONE, I’ME JUST ONE
OH GOD, HELP ME…♪
Song of the Moment: “One” by Metallica