Friday, April 20, 2007

Speeding, Cops, and Trees

I driving back to the barracks after going out to get caffeinated fuel after Tuesday night’s study hall when I saw police lights go on in my rear-view mirror. I stopped the car and waited for the officer to approach my window, wondering how much the ticket was going to cost. To my surprise, the police officer that came up to my car was the same officer that came last Thursday to write up an accident report when that tree hit me. I was trying my best not to laugh when the officer mentions that he remembers me from somewhere. I answered with: “Does your memory involve a tree?” The guy smiles and lets me off, letting me know that I was going 11 over in a 20 mph zone, which would’ve been over $200 easy. I’m trying to determine if my luck is incredibly good, or incredibly bad.
“…FORTUNE, FAME
MIRROR VAIN
GONE INSANE
BUT THE MEMORY REMAINS…”
Song of the Moment: “The Memory Remains” by Metallica

No comments: