Thursday, August 27, 2009

Where I'm Goin'?

Mont Saint Michel

Haven’t written anything in this in a while. I remember waking up in a dream in some indistinct, smokey, poorly lit bar, sharing a booth with a 20-something Eastern European girl with red highlights. We walked outside to see a nasty urban landscape with melting snow on the sidewalks. She says something about having to go back to Russia while I’m looking around, trying to get my bearings. I tell her I can get her as far as Germany, only to turn and see here already almost a block away at a relatively fast walk. I began trying to catch up, only to reach the top of a hill with her nowhere in sight. The hill did provide a view of what was around me. To my right I could see beaches with moss covered stones like in Pacific Grove, with a large cathedral on the rocks, out to sea. On my right was a medium sized greenish-blue river with an old stone bridge crossing it. Across the river was an old town with cobblestone streets, with a relatively intact orange-brown castle looming down on the town from a mountain side. I opted to take the street leading along the beach, and came up to an green cliff-side riddled with deep craters and derelict light gray bunkers. I stepped into one of the doorways to come out to a road leading to many small gardens, separated by low, cheap metal fences. I woke up around then.

Maybe I need to stop having Sutherland mix drinks for me. Everytime she does, I have something unexpected happen, like being buzzed until 1 PM the next day or having whacky dreams like the one detailed above. I’ll stick the ones involving scantily-clad hotties in my crystalline resort in the clouds, thank you very much.
♪…I’VE BEEN TO HOLLYWOOD
I’VE BEEN TO REDWOOD
I CROSSED THE OCEAN FOR A HEART OF GOLD
I’VE BEEN TO RHINE MAIN
IT’S SUCH A FINE WINE
THAT KEEPS ME SEARCHING FOR A HEART OF GOLD
AND I’M GETTING OLD…♪
Song of the Moment: “Heart of Gold” by Neil Young

No comments: